Happy First Day of Spring!! With Spring wedding season upon us, I wanted to share my new DIL's Bridal Beauty Tips on how to look fabulous on your special day.
My beautiful Daughter-in-law, Christie, wore all Lancome make-up for her wedding day last month in San Juan, Puerto Rico! If you are looking for a flawless face this Spring, check out Christie's favorite Lancome beauty products with my sister, Carolyn's expert application, and see the stunning results including Lancome's French Touch Collection!
For her special day, Christie wanted to keep her make-up simple and chic (ala Grace Kelly) for the vintage theme of her wedding. Lancome's French Touch Collection was the perfect make up and color selection for our blushing bride.
1. First Priority - make sure your skin looks great. Christie went for the Lancome Teint Visionnaire Skin Correcting Makeup Duo - Bisque 340N for a flawless, smooth, matte coverage. This longlasting foundation helps to smooth out your skin and tone down uneven patches and redness. After the foundation was applied, the spot correcting concealer located on the cap of the bottle is perfect for hiding imperfections. Using a concealer brush, gently "tap" the product onto the skin for coverage that is going to last and look flawless.
2. My Sister, Carolyn, used Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Makeup - Matte Buff II, a very natural looking powder that gives a nice, sheer coverage. This powder was applied with a large fluffy brush in big circular motion, focusing mostly on the shinier areas (For Christie, her forehead and chin).
3. Apply bronzer/contour. Carolyn used the matte bronzing powder on the far left in the above, Lancome Blush Subtil Palette. Using a contouring brush, the bronzer was applied directly under the cheekbone.
4. Now that her skin looks even, smooth and defined, the lightest highlighting shade of the Lancome Blush Subtil Palette - Rose Flush was applied to the cheeks, the sides of the eye area and the outer corner of brow bone to make the eyes really pop.
5. Define the brows.
6. Using a brush with a smaller head, the shimmer powder to the far right of the Lancome Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette - Taupe Craze was applied to the inner corners of Christie's eyes. Doing this really gives the appearance of bright and awake eyes.
7. Time to shade in the eyes! First the lightest color was applied to the entire lid. Followed by the medium color in crease, and the darkest color on the outer V (between the crease and lashes).
8. Waterproof eyeliner is another must-have for bridal makeup! Using the Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner - Cafe the eyelids were lined for super defined eyes.
9. Prep the lashes! The best way to curl your lashed is at the root of the last, at the middle, and at the top. Carolyn used the Lancome Le Curler on Christie's naturally long lashes.
10. Waterproof mascara is a must for the big day! Beginning at the root of the top lashes Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara - Waterproof was applied in just a few brush strokes!
11. For lips, Christie chose to wear the Lancome Rouge in Love "Roses in Love". This longlasting moisturizing formula never dissapoints for a visibly full and smooth lip! It's the perfect punch of color for the lip to add a little punch to the look of this gorgeous vintage Bride! For the finishing touch Christie added gloss in love for a picture perfect smile.
Christie was the most stunning Lancome Bride and as the proud Mother of the Groom it was the most memorable day of my life. Thank goodness for my favorite Lancome waterproof mascara and eye liner - they were an absolute must!