For every holiday as far back as I can remember my family has always asked for and "gobbled up" this easy, delicious cheese ball!
You can use your own favorite cheese ball recipe for this cute little turkey or if you try my recipe, you don't have to use low fat cheese - it's up to you!
This is sure to be a hit at all of your holiday gatherings - Enjoy!
INDREDIENTS For Cheesball:
8 oz. softened low fat cream cheese
4 oz. shredded low fat cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon dried onion powder
1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1/4 cup low fat ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup chopped pecans & walnuts
INGREDIENTS for Turkey head and feathers:
thin bread sticks (for tail feathers)
1 Slim Jim
green & yellow food coloring for beak and eyes
1. In a medium bowl mix all cheese ball ingredients, except for the nuts.
2. Form the cheese mixture into a ball and gently roll in the chopped walnuts and pecans.
3. Bend the end of a Slim Jim to create the turkey neck and head. I find this works best when you warm the Slim Jim in your hand before you bend it - This way it won't break.
4. Mix cream cheese with a couple drops of yellow food coloring in a small zip lock bag. Clip the corner and squeeze cream cheese to create the beak.
5. Mix cream cheese with a couple drops of green food coloring in a small zip lock bag for the turkey's eyes.
6. I used a small piece of red licorice for the gobbler and stick it right into the cream cheese "beak" - this holds the licorice in place. I arranged 3 rows of pretzel sticks for the feathers. The last row of feathers is thin breadsticks.
7. Serve with crackers and/or veggies - Gobble, Gobble!!